Tuesday, February 3, 2009

You can blog!

Today I would like to share my experience of blogging. Unlike like making a personal webpage, creating a blog is easy because you don’t have to learn HTML before you start your own blog. I don’t know anything about web editing but I can create my own blog. Most blog service providers have various templets for the user. All you have to do is to select your favorite templet and then make some minor changes, for instance adding a picture to make your blog more personalized.

As for what kind of content you would like to put on your blog? The sky is the limit. It is like keeping diary. The only difference is you write your stories with keyboard. You can write about how you feel when you just finish a good book. You can write about a family trip. Creative writing is excellent too! The content of your blog can be casual; it can be serious too. Some people even put their academic papers on their blogs.

With the advance of technology, it seems to me that almost everyone is electronically connected. Blog today becomes a medium to connect people or to form a community. You can meet people who share the same interest with you. For instence, I am interested in national park and native people issues; therefore I spend some time searching for some related information during the winter break. Believe it or not, I found a blog containing a lot of information about this issue. Later, to my surprise, I realized the blog owner is an indigenous with a MS degree in ecology. Most importantly, he is a higher official in one of our national park in Taiwan. Since then our conversation never ends. I believe building interpersonal connection is very important for EH students, and blog can help you do it!

In this digital, blog is your business card telling people your identity and your personality. Blog is also a good tool for education too. Many teachers create blogs for asynchronous learning of their courses. Blog is also a space to archive your memory with words, and you can laugh at your awkward sentences 5 years later. You don’t have to keep the blog everyday. But when you feel you have to write, blog is your choice.

Here is my blog: http://blog.yam.com/kokopelle

I hope you can have your own blog in the near future so that we can form an EH blog community.

No comments: