Thursday, November 5, 2009

New Found Music

I have enjoyed this song over the past week and would like to share it with you all. It is by The Cinematic Orchestra and called Dawn.

I only recently stumbled upon The Cinematic Orchestra and did a little background check to see what they are all about. Formed in the late 90's they are a British based jazz band and their recorded albums bring together improvised live jazz and electronic elements by the turntablist/DJ.

The barn and mountains provide a great image to accompany the music but I always close my eyes and imagine snow blanketing everything. I love most music and use it for different purposes. This I find truly beautiful and while I do use music to fill the background empty space while I actively participate in something else, I find when this is playing I stop what I am doing to just listen. It is captivating.

Enjoy.


Cinematic Orchestra "Dawn" from JT GURZI on Vimeo.

No comments: